United Dental Group or UDG Self Ligating Metal Bracket Kit comprises of 200 Self Ligating Brackets,40 Buccal Tubes and 120 Hooks. This is for 10 patients.
Self Ligation Orthodontic Brackets is defined as the brackets which use a slide or clip to maintain the arch wire in the slot. Self-ligating brackets (SLB) were developed on the premise that elimination of ligature ties creates a friction-free environment, allows for better sliding mechanics, and may therefore reduce treatment time Self-ligation was introduced in 1935 (Stolzenberg 1935), however it is only more recently that there has been a renewed interest in the use of self-ligating brackets. They reduce the amount of pressure and friction on teeth of the patients.
Self Ligating Brackets are classified as:
Active brackets will use a thicker archwire and will deliver more pressure onto teeth, thereby moving them more efficiently to where they ideally should be.They have a spring clip that stores energy pressing against the arch wire for rotation and torque control in larger dimension arch wires.
Passive brackets are applied and use a smaller size archwire. The smaller archwire creates less friction and will allow your teeth to move more freely. Your orthodontist will most likely use this application at the beginning of treatment. They have usually have a slide that can be closed without exerting an active force on the arch wire.
- According to the manufacturers, these self-ligating brackets should not only be easier to handle in the ligation process but also show lower frictional forces than conventionally ligated brackets.
SELF LIGATING BRACKETS OVER CONVENTIONAL BRACKETS:
Self Ligating Brackets permits anchorage conservation:
- This is due to the fact that lower forces are used for moving the teeth and thus reciprocal forces are correspondingly smaller. Lower forces per unit area lead to more anchorage preservation. The Self Ligating Bracket system was found to align teeth at a faster rate than Conventional Bracket due to the capacity of the wire to slide through the brackets of rotated teeth
SLB is functionally narrower than conventional brackets:
- This leads to a wider interbracket span and thus, a longer segment of wire connects the brackets.
- When the force exerted is proportional to the third power of the length, the deflection of the archwire will be reduced. Hence, lower forces and a longer range of action with any given archwire during the alignment phase (Harradine, 2008).
- SLB require less time during archwire changes by eliminating the use of any type of ligation.
Lower Friction Rate than all the other brackets:
- The passive self-ligating brackets generated a lower FR than all the other brackets. Static and kinetic Friction Rate(FR) generally increased with an increase in the bracket-archwire angulation, and the rectangular wire caused significantly higher static and kinetic FRs than the round wire (p < 0.001).
- The metal passive self-ligating brackets exhibited the lowest static FR at the 0° angulation and a lower increase in static and kinetic FRs with an increase in bracket-archwire angulation than the other brackets, while the conventional twin brackets showed a greater increase than all three experimental brackets
Elastic Ligature & Oral Hygiene:
- One of the most significant differences from conventional dental braces is the absence of elastic ligature (bands or ties). Self-ligating braces typically are smaller and more aesthetic since a metal door is required to hold wires in place. They also tend to stand off the teeth further toward the lips and cheeks.
Improved Periodontal Status:
- Periodontal status of patients has been considerabley better in Self Ligating Brackts as compared to Conventional Bracket System.
Shortened Treatment Time:
- Decreased treatment time in Self Ligation System has been the major feedback from Orthodontists.
- Very easy to use during practice and improves hygiene amongst the patients.
- Shortens chair side time and decrease number of appointments
- More comfortable and aesthetic for patients
- They can cause less friction and discomfort and can be potentially easier on teeth
- Round & smooth ball hooks to minimise gingival damage
- Colored markings for easy identification of quadrants
- 90 degree clip slot for easy opening
- Friction free slots improving sliding mechanics
- Tooth number in the cap for easy identification
- Laser welding technology to keep oral hygiene
- 80 gauge mesh with sandblasted base provides best adaptation & bonding strength
- MBT 0.022 with Hooks at 3,4,5
- 200 Self Ligating Brackets
- 40 Buccal Tubes
- 120 Hooks
- This is for 10 patients.