BeautiSealant is a fluoride releasing pit and fissure sealant that seals deep grooves and fissures while providing all round protection especially during the caries-prone years through the sustained release and recharge of fluoride.
Unlike conventional sealants that require phosphoric acid etching that dehydrates and demineralizes healthy tooth structure
BeautiSealant provides a safer, simpler and more predictable option that completely eliminates the need for a conventional phosphoric acid etch
IDEALLY USED FOR:
Gentle on Enamel:
Conventional sealants require phosphoric acid etching which can dehydrate and demineralize healthy tooth structure. BeautiSealant self-etch primer contains dual adhesive monomers that thoroughly penetrate into deep pits and fissures to prime the tooth surface for an effective chemical bond to the sealant while minimizing any damage to enamel.
This HEMA-free formulation also prevents hydrolysis at the bonding interface for long-term stability and retention. The self-etch primer conditions the enamel surface to make it more reactive that in turn enhances the flow of the sealant paste into the pits and fissures.
An efficient non-drip, fuss-free syringe design and an extra fine 27 gauge needle tip assures precise delivery of the smooth, bubble-free sealant without the hassle of overfilling the grooves, a common problem encountered with conventional delivery systems.
A member of the Giomer family of restoratives, BeautiSealant is based on Shofu’s proprietary S-PRG filler technology, where a stable glass ionomer phase is formed to provide the benefits of fluoride. The glass core with glass ionomer phase is protected with a trilaminar surface structure that allows controlled release and recharge of fluoride while maintaining structural integrity.
BeautiSealant with its self-etch primer exhibits an equally durable bond to enamel as other traditional sealants that employ an aggressive phosphoric acid etch. The material surface is optimally cured to guarantee a reliable seal.
Shofu BeautiSealant Complete Set:
Shofu BeautiSealant Refill:
1. Cleaning of tooth surface Clean the tooth surface following the standard method
2. Isolation Isolate with rubber dam etc following the standard method
3-1. When storing these materials in a refrigerator, allow them to reach room temperature before use
3-2. Attach a needle tip following the procedures below: ¾Remove the shield cap by turning it slowly ¾Attach a needle tip by turning it in clockwise until it is securely attached
4. Pretreatment of tooth surface Dispense adequate amount of Primer on a V-DISH. Apply on the enamel surface of the pit and fissure using a brush. Leave undisturbed for 5 sec
5.Gently air blow for about 3 sec and then dry with stronger stream of air until a thin and uniform bonding layer is obtained. ¾Primer must be closed immediately after dispensing as it contains volatile components
6. Filling of the paste Apply necessary amount of the paste directly to the pit and fissure or it may also be extruded onto a paper pad to be applied to the pit and fissure with a suitable instrument. ¾The paste dispensed onto the paper pad should be shielded from ambient light by light-shielding cover to avoid unintended polymerization of the material
7. Light-curing Light-cure using a dental light-curing unit
8. Removal of uncured material Remove uncured material on the surface with an alcohol moistened cotton ball etc.