Riva Star is a new generation desensitiser that immediately relieves tooth sensitivity.
Do not desensitise teeth with carious lesions
Do not use on patients undergoing thyroid gland therapy, who have a history of chemical allergies such as silver, fluoride, potassium, iodine, ammonia and methacrylates. Note: If in doubt, consult a doctor or an allergy specialist before use.
Riva Star is an effective biofilm inhibitor.This is supported by study results from Otago University (NZ), that Riva Star has a higher inhibition zone against four bacterial species compared to sodium hypochlorite.Two years and beyond desensitising effect
Clinical studies support the immediate effect of Riva Star and its long term effect of over two years .
Riva Star is essential for clinicians practising Minimally Invasive Dentistry (MID)1-3,5. It conditions dentine and may assist tooth preservation.
Increasing bond strengths of GICs
Pre-treating tooth surfaces with Riva Star is a great way to enhance bonding of glass ionomers to dentine
Unlike other silver fl uoride systems, Riva Star’s two step patented procedure minimises the risk of staining. By applying the potassium iodide solution over the silver fl uoride, a silver iodide creamy white precipitate is formed and washed off.
STORAGE AND HANDLING:
Riva star kit contains
Follow these steps:
1. Using a non-fluoride prophylaxis paste in a rubber cup, clean the tooth/teeth to be treated and abutting teeth
2. Assess condition of teeth. Only teeth with sound dentine and enamel should be treated
3. Isolate area to be treated with cotton rolls
4. Dry teeth to be treated and adjoining gingival tissues
5. Apply a small amount of Gingival Barrier to the tissues, slightly overlapping the tooth (<1mm) and interproximal spaces
6. Light cure in a fanning motion. Note: Do not spot cure Gingival Barrier as this may cause burning of the soft tissues
7. Step 1: Using the silver brush provided, pierce through the foil of the silver capsule and carefully apply solution to treatment site only.
8. Step 2: Immediately after, use green brush provided, pierce through the foil of the green capsule and apply a generous amount of the solution to treatment site. Apply same solution to any other tooth surfaces that may have come into contact with the solution from the silver capsule. Note: Treatment surface initially appears creamy white, keep applying solution from green capsule until it turns clear
9. Blot dry, remove gingival barrier. 10.Discard used capsules and brushes in accordance with local regulations.