Riva Silver is the ideal radiopaque, silver-alloy-reinforced glass ionomer S restorative material. With excellent tooth adhesion, sustained fluoride release and high compressive strength, Riva Silver is useful for a wide range of restorative applications. Shade: light grey.
High fluoride release
Riva Silver’s free movement of fluoride provides benefits to surrounding and adjacent tooth surfaces. Fluoride is held within the glass matrix without being bound by the structure. If the level outside the matrix is lower, then fluoride ions are released. Conversely, if the fluoride level is higher (eg. from topical fluoride) then fluoride will recharge the glass ionomer matrix. Riva Silver has the ability to be recharged with fluoride from external sources, providing long term protection against recurrent carries. Riva Silver is great for treating high caries-risk patients as part of an overall treatment plan for maximum care.
Riva Silver’s condensable nature allows the operator to quickly and easily place the restoration. Riva Silver can be packed using an amalgam condenser.
Perfect for non-compliant patients
Riva Silver is the ideal restorative in situations where patient compliance and moisture control are difficult. Riva Silver is extremely easy and quick to use
The light grey colour of Riva Silver requires minimal masking when used under aesthetic restorations
Great for core buildups
Before After Riva Silver is an excellent material for core buildups. Its high early compressive and bond strength properties ensure favourable core buildup conditions
The addition of metal particles into the cement substantially increases radiopacity. Riva Silver is easily differentiated on radiographs from that of tooth structure allowing easy diagnosis of early lesions.
No additional mixing step
The benefits of using Riva Silver capsules are obvious. However, if using the powder / liquid system, no separate adding and mixing of alloy into the powder is required. The alloy component of Riva Silver is pre-mixed into the powder bottle.
Compressive Strength:134 MPa
Working time: 1.5mins
Initial setting time: 3.5mins
Finishing time: 1min
STORAGE AND HANDLING
SDI Riva Silver Capsules:
SDI Riva Silver Powder & Liquid Kit:
A. CAVITY PREPARATION:
1. Clean and isolate tooth.
Note: A conservative cavity should be prepared, employing standard techniques and instruments. Undercuts are not necessary
2. In cases where pulp protection is necessary, use a calcium hydroxide liner
B. CONDITIONING / ETCHING:
1. Apply Riva Conditioner to the prepared surfaces and leave in cavity for 10 seconds
2. Rinse thoroughly with water
3. Remove excess water. Keep moist. Avoid contamination.
IMPORTANT: Be careful not to completely dry the surface. Surface should be glistening.
1. Activate the capsule by pushing the plunger until it is flush with the body.
Important: Do not click with applicator before you mix.
2. Immediately place the capsule into the Ultramat 2 amalgamator, or any other suitable mixer, and triturate for 10 seconds
3. Immediately remove the capsule and place into the Riva applicator
4. Click the trigger of the Riva applicator until glass ionomer paste is seen through the clear nozzle
5. Fill Riva Silver into the cavity, being careful not to trap air under the restoration.
Note: At 23ºC/74ºF working time will be about 90 seconds (1’30’’) from the start of mixing. In situations above this temperature, working times will shorten. Adhesion strength will decrease if material is manipulated after this time
6. Immediately apply Riva Coat to all exposed surfaces of restoration
7. Light cure for 10 seconds procedure.
8. At least 6 minutes after the start of trituration, finish the restoration using standard techniques
9. Apply another layer of Riva Coat
10. Light cure for 10 seconds
11. Instruct patient not to eat for at least one hour after
POWDER / LIQUID SYSTEM MIXING OF LIQUID AND POWDER:
Powder-liquid dosage: 1 flat scoop to 1 drop
Powder-liquid ratio: 0.300g/0.043g (7:1)
Recommended mixing time: 30 secs.
1. Gently tap Riva Silver powder bottle on the hand
2. Dispense one level measure of powder onto the mixing pad/ glass slab. Replace cap tightly
3. Dispense one drop of Riva Silver onto the mixing pad/glass slab next to the powder. Replace cap tightly
4. Divide the powder into two equal parts
5. Mix the liquid with one part of the powder for 10 seconds using a plastic spatula, then include the second part and mix for another 15 to 20 seconds