Self-curing glass ionomer cement (GIC)
Packing --16g powder and 10 ml liqued
- Definition of GIC: a cement that consists of a basic component (acid-decomposable silica) and an acid component (acidic polymer). The cement sets by an acid-base reaction between these components. The reaction takes place within a few minutes.
- The powder (bottle of 16g) is a special mix of silica, fluoride and calcium.
- The liquid (bottle of 10ml) is a polyacrylic acid.
- Fluoride ions release is indefinite
- The most biocompatible material / totally inert
- Sets well in a humid environment
- Permanent cementation of of crowns & bridges
- Can also be used as a base liner