3M ESPE Retraction Capsule delivers a retraction paste that contains 15% aluminum chloride. The astringent retraction paste is placed directly into the sulcus via a patented, easy-to-use, hygienic unit-dose capsule. The capsules are compatible with most composite dispensers.
3M™ Retraction Capsule is indicated for the temporary tissue retraction of the marginal gingiva to provide a dry sulcus when the periodontium is healthy, such as:
Retracts tissue gently
The product must not be used in patients suffering from a diseased periodontium, open furcations or exposed bone.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
For how long can the paste be left in the sulcus?
How long can one store the capsule outside of the blister?
How many teeth can be treated with one capsule?
What is the orientation ring for?
Why is there a lower risk of bleeding/post-hemorrhage than with cords?
How can one judge if the retraction effect is sufficient?
Does the 3M™ ESPE™ Retraction Capsule influence the setting of impression materials?
INSTRUCTIONS TO USE:
1) Remove a retraction capsule from the blister and insert into dispenser (fits into most composite dispensers). Extrude a small amount of paste and discard.
2) Insert retraction capsule tip into the sulcus.
3) Slowly and steadily, inject astringent retraction paste into sulcus. Completely fill the sulcus.
4) OPTIONAL: PROCEDURE WITH CORDS. For more gingival deflection, the astringent retraction paste can be used in combination with retraction cords.
5) Leave astringent retraction paste on for a minimum of 2 minutes.
6) Completely remove astringent retraction paste with air-water spray and suction.